There are fewer greater things that increase your home’s value and your comfort than a stellar kitchen remodel.
A new kitchen does wonders for putting equity into their home. However, a simple kitchen remodel means more than new cabinets, new appliances, and new flooring.
In fact, there are several mistakes that you can make if you choose to upgrade your kitchen. Here are five.
1. Not leaving room for enough counter space: While you might have a picturesque design in mind, forgetting to add ample counter space is a big blunder in a kitchen renovation. If anything, plan for more counter space and cut later if you need to.
2. Not setting aside ample storage: In a kitchen, food and small appliance storage capacity is your best friend. If you forget to add adequate storage to your kitchen, you’ll be in for some future trouble. Consult building manuals or an expert for help with proper cabinet storage design.
3. Letting go of the right lights: Lighting changes how a room appears and feels. Home remodelers often lack the skills to strike the right balance. To avoid poor lighting, do your research before you plan your renovation adventure.
4. Measuring like a professional: If you have ever been inside of a kitchen where things are a bit off-balance, you know where we’re coming from. Just remember the old adage when you begin your project: measure twice, cut once.
5. Adding a useless island addition: Don’t get us wrong, we love a well-designed and well-placed island. What we don’t like, however, is an island that is crammed in or is in the way of basic kitchen duties. Before you get your heart set (and broken) by an island addition, use our advice above and measure appropriately.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your home renovation and remodeling options.