Kitchens sell properties. And a kitchen remodel can add big value to your home or property.
In fact, according to the national average, if you complete a kitchen remodel this year, you can look forward to recouping nearly 75% of all of your costs.
So, no matter if you plan to do most of the work yourself, or if you have plans to hire a general contractor and sub-contractors, never underestimate the power of a remodeled kitchen.
Still not convinced? Here are five more reasons to consider a winter kitchen remodel.
1. You need new cabinets. Cabinets can make or break a kitchen. So when cabinets get old, are falling apart, or you change direction in style, it’s time to complete the project with a new kitchen.
2. Your kitchen flooring has seen better days. There are many poor flooring choices. Mainly, though, when flooring begins to decay, it’s often a sign that your kitchen needs to be updated along with it. Consider it a sign, and begin your redesign.
3. You are planning to sell your home. As we mentioned, a home with an outdated kitchen won’t do you any favors when it comes time to sell your property. Begin planning your kitchen updates, at least, six months in advance of a property sale.
4. You need more functionality. Size isn’t everything in regards to a kitchen. But when you outgrow what you have, a kitchen remodel should be next on the docket.
5. You need new appliances. New and fancy appliances need a fresh home. If you are in the market for a new range or refrigerator, consider how a brand new kitchen will benefit you and your new toys.
For more information on how we can help you with your kitchen remodel, please contact us today.
Founded in 1968, Caldwell & Johnson has completed over 500 custom residential new construction and major remodeling projects in Rhode Island.